- Before joining MDS in 2013, Dave completed a two-year term of service in Calabar, Nigeria, where he helped lead the implementation of an American/International curriculum at a nursery-to-12th grade school for Nigerian students. His prior career included roles as special education preschool teacher and program coordinator in the Bronx, NY, preschool-to-grade six principal in Vermont and program coordinator and instructor at Norwalk Community College, CT.
- Dave holds a B.A. from Cornell University and a Master’s in Special Education from NYU. He did post-Master’s graduate work in educational administration at Teachers College, Columbia.
- At the core of Dave's beliefs as an educator is the importance of promoting open-ended learning experiences for all children.
- When not at school, Dave enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters (one attending college in Ireland) and the Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix they rescued from a shelter.
- Catherine joined MDS in July 2014. A master's degree candidate in Early Childhood Education at Brooklyn College, Catherine brings with her years of experience in non-profit arts administration, teaching and in the performing arts, as a dancer and actor. Originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, Catherine graduated with a BA from Sarah Lawrence College.
- She was a long-time resident of Prospect Heights, where she lived with her husband and son, and feels blessed to be part of the caring community that is MDS.
- Catherine is inspired by the peaceful, child-centered approach that is essential to the Montessori philosophy and embodied in the educational practices at MDS.
- In her spare time, Catherine is learning to play the ukelele, and enjoys making music with her family, seeing live performances and spending time outdoors.
- Diane joined the administrative MDS team in June 2015. Prior to joining MDS, Diane worked as the Office Manager/Financial Administrator of Flat Inc, helping it to grow and ushering it through the ebb and flow of changing design markets. During this time she also served as the volunteer Treasurer of the PTA of PS 154 in Windsor Terrace.
- Prior to that she worked as an artist, using her art skills and knowledge to get young people involved and collaborating around social and health issues, and co-founded a nonprofit Arts/Health Education organization for young adults (ages 12-17) focusing on HIV prevention, confidence and communication skills.
- Diane holds a BFA from the Rhode Island School of Design.
- When not at work Diane makes art, bakes gingerbread geodesic domes, renovates buildings and enjoys spending time with her husband, two daughters, four chickens and cat.
- Tamika joined MDS in August, 2012. She grew up in Boston, MA and moved to Brooklyn in 2008.
- Tamika received a BFA in Arts Management with a minor in Film from LIU- CW Post in Brookville, NY.
- After college, Tamika gained professional experience by working in administrative positions within the visual and performing arts communities.
- When not at work she enjoys time with her own children. Soap making, redecorating, painting, and baking grab her interest. Tamika likes to read novels, write, and watch movies.