Welcome to the Montessori Day School of Brooklyn’s PTA!
The MDS PTA Executive Committee is a committee of the Board of Directors and made up of parents volunteers who carry out the mission of the broader community by running fundraising, social, and educational events. There is no official registration to the PTA and all parents and teachers of the MDS community are already members of the PTA and welcome to support us.
Here are just some of the ways you can support the PTA as a member of the MDS community:
- Join the PTA Executive Committee
- Bake for the PTA Bake Sale!
- Become a Class Liaison
- Organize and recruit volunteers for a PTA event
- Come to a PTA-hosted talk or social
- Use Amazon Smile when shopping on Amazon
- Buy a ticket to the MDS Gala to fund our Tuition Assistance program
- Help us in fundraising efforts
- Donate an item or your time to the MDS Annual Auction
- Think of new ways to help the school
- Send us your ideas, feedback and constructive criticism!
PTA Executive Committee
The MDS PTA Executive Committee ("Committee") is folded into the School by way of being an official committee of the Board of Directors. The Committee chair (president) of the PTA sits as a voting member of the Board of Directors. The Committee's mission is:
- Community Building and Development
- Teacher and Staff Support
- Communication and Outreach
The Committee collects PTA Dues via the Tuition system (currently TADS) and is accountable for controls on collecting and spending money.
Interested in learning more about how you can support the PTA? Do you have ideas you want to share? If so, please drop us a line!
You can reach us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below: